HOME > About KEC > Announcements
The 27th & The 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students
The 27th & The 28th AKS Summer Program for International StudentsThe Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce the "27th & 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students." As an important part of our mission is to cultivate young leaders, who can contribute to the development of Korean studies, the academy has organized an intensive summer program for international undergraduate students in Korean studies. This program is composed of various components, such as special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language course, field trips, excursions, and traditional cultural activities
For those who are interested in the 27th or 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students, please read the notification carefully and apply for the program.
(Program contents will be same. Please choose between two things.)
¶ Program Period
- The 27th : July 8 (Mon) – July 26 (Fri), 2019, 3 weeks
- The 28th : August 3 (Mon) – August 23 (Fri), 2019, 3 weeks
* Except for some English lectures, most of the program will be in Korean. Therefore the participants are recommended to possess basic Korean language skills.
¶ Eligibility and Required Documents
*Those who are in graduate school or hold Korean nationality are not eligible for this program.*For those who took Korea-related courses, the course names should be specified in the transcript.
*If applicant’s university does not offer Korean Studies major or Korea-related courses, Korean language institute certificate can be substituted for university transcript .
- Required Documents
- Application Form: Available on our website (http://www.aks.ac.kr)
- All Official University Transcripts
- “Korean Proficiency Evaluation Sheet” included in the application form (No.7)
- 1 Letter of Reference : with Recommender’s signature
- (Optional) Score Report for Korean Proficiency Test (TOPIK)
* All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, translation of the document into Korean or English should be submitted as well.
- Recommender may use any type of letter
January 21 (Mon) – February 22 (Fri), 2019 24:00
- Applications received after the deadline (Korea Standard Time) will not be accepted
¶ Application MethodPlease combine all of the required documents in 1 pdf file and send it to the e-mail address
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail Title: Application Documents for the 27th AKS Summer Program for International Students_Name of the Applicant, Application Documents for the 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students_Name of the Applicant
The result will be announced individually via e-mail on March 29(Fri), 2019
¶ Financial SupportThe Academy of Korean Studies will cover the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations, and meals during the program as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions.
* All participants are responsible for their own travel expenses including the round-trip airfare, transportation fee between airport and AKS and medical insurance.¶ Program contents
You can find further details about program and schedule at http://bitly.kr/NS1ay
¶ ContactsMs. Jihee Ryu (Program Coordinator) Phone: +82-31-739-9715
2022 TOPIK Application Information
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.07.06 | Votes 0 | Views 256
[Office closed]On Monday, August 15, 2022 in observance of "Liberation Day of Korea "
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.08.12 | Votes 0 | Views 1
2022 Fall Korean Language Program
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.08.08 | Votes 0 | Views 18
2022 GKS-G Final Result Announcement
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.07.22 | Votes 0 | Views 27
Closed on Monday, June 20, 2022 in observance of "Juneteenth National Independence Day"
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.06.17 | Votes 0 | Views 35
Call for Essays : The Understanding Korea Contest 2022
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.06.15 | Votes 0 | Views 71
Closed on Monday, on May 30, 2022 in observance of "Memorial Day"
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.05.27 | Votes 0 | Views 54
Summer Korean Language Program
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.05.23 | Votes 0 | Views 109
2022 Overseas Koreans Domestic Curriculum Fall Semester
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.05.09 | Votes 0 | Views 138
Office will be closed on Monday, February 21, 2022 in observance of Presidents' Day
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.02.16 | Votes 0 | Views 286
2022 Overseas Korean Education Spring Program
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.02.16 | Votes 0 | Views 353
The 32nd & The 33rd AKS Summer Program for International Students
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.02.16 | Votes 0 | Views 277
2022 Application Guidelines of Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.02.14 | Votes 0 | Views 407
2022 Korean Studies Promotion Program Announcement
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.02.09 | Votes 0 | Views 362
[Holiday] Office close January 17th-Martin Luther King Jr. Day
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.01.14 | Votes 0 | Views 704
2022 Spring Fall Virtual Korean Language Program
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2022.01.03 | Votes 0 | Views 916